Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My (late) reactions/impressions on the WiiU



Nintendo's announcement of a new console on E3 was not really much of a shocker. Blogs were speculating and informing about a new console for a while already, but features were not confirmed yet by Nintendo. The only thing confirmed by them back then was that there was indeed a new console on the way.

When it was unveiled on E3 the presentation kinda left more questions than answers to be sincere, but they took care of that pretty quickly.

Now onto what I think about the new console itself... This is pretty much what the Wii should have been in the first place. A lot of people are trashing the new console because of the tablet-like controller but they forget that you can still use the old wii controllers (and peripherals like the classic controller) in the new console. The new console is capable of 1080p quality graphics, and it seems that there will be heavy support from third party developers this time. With this I can see a lot of games being ported to the WiiU like the Bioshock series, Portal 2, and other games that could benefit from motion controllers. Of course, developers actually porting old games into the new consoles is something very unlikely but the opportunity is there.

Another thing Nintendo is saying is that they will improve in the online gaming department, which I hope it's true because Nintendo are the kings of multiplayer games, but they fell short on the online department with their previous console, which is a shame. I'm hoping for usernames instead of the annoying friend codes, and I'm also hoping for an achievement system! While some people may think of them as an annoyance of today's gaming worl, I think of them as a fun incentive to explore games fully. And of course, something to brag about :P.

I hope the price is not too high also. $300 would be a nice competitive price since the new console will be set to compete with the PS3. Of course, if they make the price $250 I would not complain at all haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment