Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Revisiting Megaman 8!

It has been a while since the last time I played Megaman 8. I played this game during the PS1 years when I was a teenager. The game is lots of fun, one of my favorites of the series because of nostalgic reasons. One thing that I noticed is that I’m getting rusty, because some parts of the game were a pain to beat (the snowboard stages to be specific).

Another detail is that when I first played this game I did it in japanese, so the opening music and voice acting was kind of a disappointment when playing the english version. At least now I know what the power ups are for (I used to buy them blindly back then because everything was in japanese), but THIS OPENING is so damn awesome!

A beef I had with this game is that some boss’ weaknesses don’t follow logic. For example Frost man should be weak to fire, instead he’s weak to the bomb power. And also Aqua man should be weak to the electric power, instead he’s weak to the astro crush (which looks like it could kick everyone’s ass to be sincere). And the other part I did not like was Wily’s first stage with the snowboard, it was such a pain in the butt to clear that part… but I did it anyway! :D

Overall the game was fun, and looking for the bolts (the currency for the in-game store) was also part of it. I recommend this game for anyone who hasn’t played it yet and likes Megaman. It is not really hard, so it’s easy to get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment