Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Playstation Platinum Trophy #8



My 8th platinum was Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing, which is a pretty good kart racing game. I bought this game because I heard it was good, and may be the closest contender to Mario Kart. After playing it I actually thought it was pretty solid, and felt more fun than Modnation Racers.

As a person who has been a Nintendo fan all his life I obviously prefer the Mario Kart series, but I liked this game too, even though I was never too exposed to Sonic’s games nor other Sega ones. This game has a pretty robust roster of characters (20 in total with no DLC) and a lot of them are from the Sonic universe/games. I wasn’t too familiar with most of the characters but still I ended up liking a lot of them.

This game focuses a lot on drifting (like Modnation Racers), but it also has a lot of personality and charm. And every character has a special attack, something that Mario Kart doesn’t have. Some of these special attacks are useful, while others are pretty much annoying or just flashy, and it is very unlikely that you get to use them on regular play unless you suck badly at kart racing games. Every character has its own stats, so it is important to try a lot of them out to see which one fits you better. I personally liked Amigo (from Samba de Amigo) because of his high drifting status, and I used him until I unlocked Alex Kidd who has similar stats bur more speed.

Now when it comes to platinum difficulty it isn’t really that hard, but it takes a little bit of time. It took me around 16 hours to get it myself, so it isn’t that bad (and I’m no ultra pro gamer).

The trophy that will take more time is probably getting AAA on all missions, since there are 64 of them in total, and while it is tons of fun to do them, some of them can be challenging or annoying. You may need some youtube guidance when doing some of the tricky ones like the last one or the Bonanza Bros. one too.

Every other trophy just takes patience, especially the online ones since there aren’t much people playing online on the first place. Time trial trophies were really easy for me using Amigo or Alex Kidd, but I’d recommend tackling those after beating the Grand Prix championships since you’ll be more used to every stage after that.

For a more in-depth trophy guide go to PS3trophies’s forum guide of the game.

Overall this is a great game and not a hard platinum trophy, so if you can get it for cheap go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment